Tuesday, April 19, 2011

TERRIBLE TUESDAY

 I have noticed one thing post stroke, I never seem to know what day it is, I was about to name this Blog Manic Monday, and the stroke fairy had to remind me it was terrible Tuesday!!
 This week, mind you, we are only 2 days into, it has been a tough one. I am getting a lot of emails, & How R U feeling? on my threads, so I thought I would address that issue today.
 Just yesterday at Dept of economic security, the case worker said You don't LOOK like you had  STROKE, I almost had a melt down, is there a certain "look"? Does everyone with the flu, look the same, display the same symptoms, and get better in the same time period? I found that to be the most insulting comment, and Lord knows there have been a bunch of insensative comments from people. As we are leaving the hospital are we given a handbook, every stroke victim MUST READ. With a list of things you are expected to do, day 1, day 2   etc.
 Strokes effect different parts of your brain, so that right there implies, no, two are going to be the same. Maybe because I refuse to let myself go and I did my hair, make up & jewelry, because that makes ME feel better, I don't know what it was, except that it was sarcastically directed towards me, and insinuating that I was abusing the system, which I am NOT~
 Life post stroke, can be so frustrating at times, I will be in the middle of a conversation, and forget what I am talking about. Another example is the spell check on my computer is not working, so you have no idea how many times I have to write & rewrite my nightly blogs, honestly, it takes me about 2-3 hrs per blog, thankfully, my love of writing has made this tolerable.
 As I have said, no two people experience the same after effects, so I will basically describe a normal day of mine, post stroke. I wake up @6am for the kids, I take my first dosage of headache meds, which are NOT stroke related, and then I go back to bed, shamefully until atleast 10-12,and my headache is usually gone it then, literally take me a good 2 hrs to get in the shower, dressed, made up etc. and then if I am needed at an appointment, I go and come home very exhausted, and by usually 6pm, I have very little energy, the meds I am taking cause fatigue, also, and so does the post stroke.
 On a day that I am NOT going out, I am able to get things done, because I have more energy being able to move at my own pace.In time, I am sure that this is all going to improve, and for now, it's one day at a time. I look forward to events coming up, but, also set realistic goals for myself.
 I don't know why there seems to be so many of us from Bay Shore that have had strokes, thankfully, God has brought us all together via facebook!
 My 16 yr old daughter is going to have her own stroke, when she gets home, it seems her boy friend came here looking for her, and I was in a night gown @1pm, with my hair all over the place, and when I asked who he was and he said Jesus Giutierez, my first thought w/o delay was, she is going to kill me!!! We have yet to meet, and this was NOT the plan!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment