Saturday, May 7, 2011

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY 2011

 As I sit here and type it is 40 minutes from mothers day, I would like to wish all my friends & family a wonderful mothers day.
 Me, well, I am just so thankful this mothers day, for what is, and not what it could have been.
 Last night I hardly got any sleep, and today it was the phone ringing non stop, my dear friend, Dan Lane, came & took Cody for the day, which I really needed, between not sleeping & my nerves I felt like I had been hit with a matt truck.
 The day started out good, my baby girl, had her very first job interview, and nailed the job, she starts Thursday, I am so excited for her. She will be working in Culvers, my son told me it's big in Chicago, its a custard place?? I have never been and a custard place, is not a place I want to spend a lot of time at, hahaha
 Terry has had the same cardiologist since 1997 when he had his first triple by pass, he is my kind of doctor, he is from back east, & tells it like it is, he called me this after noon, and said one of the by passed arteries had ruptured, and, Thankfully we got him to the  hospital when we did or he could have had a massive coronary in his sleep, but, he NEEDS to take better care of himself, he gave up drinking for a year and has traded it in for snacks & fried foods, I personally don't eat fried foods & snacks, because I am diabetic, so guess who is going on the diabetic diet? Luckily for me, he doesn't read my blog!!
 I have been dealing with a lot of garbage lately, family drama to be exact, and quite frankly going through this puts things in perspective, when you almost loose one of the most important people in your life, everything else is relative. As far as I am concerned I am not wasting anymore energy on things that I can not change. I am going to focus, on the good in my life, times might be tough, really tough with no medical insurance and lack of funds, but we have so much, we both have dealt with life threatening injuries this month, if thats not a wake up call, I don't know what is.
 So, it's time to focus on my hubby, Cody, Jenn Daniel & Jessica, and everything else will fall into place.
 I must say I expected to be asleep long before now, but, I have really felt awful today, with good reason, but, I am also listening to my body & going to take it easy with my kids tomorrow.
 Terry's philosophy is why sit in a hard chair in a loud crowded room, with few TV shows, while you can be at home relaxing with the kids, so I am going to take him up on that, because I don't want to end up back in the hospital, and for a while there today, I really thought I was. 
 Today is the first day since being on the new headache meds, that I have had a continuous pounding migraine, so hopefully, this too shall pass.
 Last night I decided to sleep on the couch along with my 6 dogs, they were all cuddled up with me, and they are waiting now, looking at me with their big beautiful eyes, if you could read them, they'd say mommy, come to bed!! Here I come Puppies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment